Holden Beach, NC
"The Family Beach"
Public Wi-Fi is available at the Holden Beach Pavilion, Town Hall and the area under the water tower.
The Beach Strand: (Use CAMA marked public access points unless you are entitled to use designated private walkways to the beach as a rental customer or property owner.)
1. The line of sand dunes with fragile beach vegetation along the south side of Ocean Boulevard provides protection from storms. Please do not walk over the dunes to the ocean. Use the wooden walkways and ramps. Public walkways are marked with a CAMA sign. Others are private. Collect sea shells and other "beach treasures" at your leisure. There is a handicap access and parking on Quinton. Click here for a list of all public accesses.
2. Only emergency and official Town Staff vehicles are allowed to drive on the beach.
3. There are no lifeguards when swimming. RIP CURRENTS can kill you. If you get caught in a rip current pulling you away from shore, swim parallel to the shoreline until you get out of the current do not try to swim against the current back to shore. Rip current Information
4. A popular place to "fish, wade, and shell" is at the extreme east end of the island along McCray Street . Be aware there is dangerous underwater debris in that area that should be avoided at periods of high tide at low tide you can see it. The Town checks the beach daily, if dangerous debris is noticed, call Town Hall (910-842-6488).
5. Jet skis should only be operated outside 500 feet from shore. Do not ride skis onto the beach strand. Police Department personnel ride the beach during the summer to monitor this activity.
6. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere on the beach strand or in any public place.
7. Trash receptacles are placed along the beach for your convenience, please do not litter.
8. Pets are not allowed on the beach from May 20 to September 10, except between 5 P.M. and 9 A.M. daily. Pets must be on a leash at all times on the island.
9. No surfboard shall be carried, pushed, wheeled, ridden or otherwise used on the beach strand and/or adjacent ocean waters within 500 feet of any fishing pier located on or adjacent to property within Town limits.
10. It is unlawful to dig into the sand on any part of the beach strand greater than 12 inches deep, without having a responsible person attending the area. Prior to leaving the area, any hole greater than 12 inches deep shall be filled to be level with the surrounding area, leaving the area in the same general condition in which it was found.
11. All unattended beach equipment must be removed from the beach by its owner or permitted user on a daily basis between the hours of 6PM and 7AM. Click here to read the ordinance with specific details.
Boating & Fishing: (Boat ramps are located under and near the bridge.)
1. If you fish in the surf, please be courteous to those swimming and relaxing nearby.
2. A North Carolina Coastal Recreational Fishing License is required. Licenses are available from any DMF office, WRC license agents (which includes most Wal-Mart stores), online at WRC's website, www.ncwildlife.org or by calling 888-248-6834.
3. You may not land your powered boat anywhere along the oceanfront. Sail boards and small sail boats may temporarily land along the beach. Be careful of swimmers.
4. Observe NO WAKE zones along the Intracoastal Waterway.
Island Wide Ordinances: ( Note posted speed limit signs)
1. No Parking on Ocean Boulevard or McCray Street, except for the northern end of McCray Street east of Dunescape Drive. Observe signs for exact parking prohibitions. The largest public parking lot is under the bridge. Public Restrooms are located there as well. An unloading and pedestrian "drop-off" point is located at the bridgehead west of Capt Petes Apartments. Park all along Brunswick Avenue East and West. Do not block driveways or fire hydrants.
2. Bikes, roller-blades and pedestrians please share the sidewalk. No roller-blades on Ocean Boulevard.
3. FIREWORKS (except for sparklers) are not allowed on the island. They will be confiscated by the Police if found.
Holden Beach Properties Sales
|Join Email List|
Physical Address: 110 Rothschild Street, Holden Beach
Mailing Address: PO Box 449, Supply NC 28462
Phone: (910) 842-6488, Fax: (910) 842-9315