CENTRAL REACH PROJECT
Click here to view answers to commonly asked questions regarding the Central Reach Projects Easements.
CAMA Permit Renewal
Central Reach Project Easement Schematic
Resolution 16-09, Resolution Authorizing the Filing of Condemnation Actions to Acquire Perpetual Easements for the Town's Central Reach Shore Protection Project
- Using offshore sand, the project will place approximately 1.31 million cubic yards along 4.1 miles of shoreline in the middle of the island (240 OBE - 781 OBW).
- The project will advance the Mean High Water Mark 60 - 80 feet.
- It will provide storm damage protection.
- The project creates coastal habitat and environment.
- It increases recreation opportunities/ benefits.
- The estimated cost is $15 million.
- The dredge window is November 30th - March 31st.
- All permits are in hand, but expire in December 2017.
- Easements for properties located within the project have been sent out. If you have not received one and are in the project area, please contact Christy at (910) 842-6488. The Board of Commissioners will hold a Special Meeting on August 1st at 7:00 p.m. to consider a resolution authorizing the filing of condemnation actions to acquire perpetual easements for the project. Please turn your easements in as soon as possible to avoid this action.
Central Reach Map
Public Hearing on the Proposed Municipal Service District: Take notice that there will be a public hearing on Tuesday, August 16, 2016, beginning at 7:00 p.m., or shortly thereafter, in the Holden Beach Town Hall Public Assembly, 110 Rothschild Street, Holden Beach, NC 28462 to hear public comments on the creation of a proposed Municipal Service District
Included in this notice is a map of the proposed district. A copy of the report required by N.C.G.S. 160A-537(b) is available for public inspection in the office of the clerk at the Town Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All interested persons are invited to attend.